Wednesday 23 December 2015

LE Space santa gone bad !


For this season of the year, it's important to choose the right models I think. Having already failed at painting my LE Sanity Claws, I've decided to get cracking on the LE6 Space Santa since it's a sci-fi model and that the sculpt is far more delicate and crisp than its chaotic counterpart...



But see, as often in this little world of tiny toy soldiers, people have the same ideas as you do and they most of the time have them BEFORE you and generally do them BETTER than you would...

Here's an example :

Paintjob and picture from the Sho3box.

So with the full Christmas vibe done for the model, what do I have left ?

This ?

or this ?


Well obviously no since those have been done too so about using every feature on teh model to do something else like this :


So here we are, a bad Santa who's coming after the real ones (yeah, plural, do you think he could do that alone in a night ? Duh...) to steal the best presents after they've delivered them (he just has to wait in the rich areas or higher levels of the hives.


Painting wise, the sculpt and casts were magnificent so pleasure was here the whole time (That's Bob Naismith for you). I kept a dark grey for the whole suit and added blue intersections to add some vibrance. The beard had to be different from white and a dirty brown was just what I needed. I've kept the gun very simple to avoid showing it looks like a Xmas Cracker (didn't even know what that was until I was told so... we french tend to take Xmas less seriously than other countries it seems...)



Bad Santa will of course accept commissions and will be able to trade his "gifts" to the bastards who dare buy them...


But during breaks he can also make parties and shows for rich families...


I don't know if I'll be able to show any thing more before the new year but given the date, let me wish you the happiest celebrations for this end of year (Christmas or whatever you want to celebrate) !

Oh and like I was suggested, if you don't have this tune in mond right now, you should probably check a doctor :


22 comments:


  1. I am 100% certain that your Santa in traditional colours would have more than equalled mine if you had gone that way Mr A, but thank you for the compliment all the same.

    Biker santa looks great. Did you work out what was in his sack? I kinda bluffed painting those areas if I remember correctly.

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a contradictive kind, you know that, I tried Sanity Claws but never could finish the damn thing in traditional colours... For some reason, when everything says Christmas on a model, I feel paralised and need to find a way out ^^
      I would never have got it painted in red ;)
      thanks Paul !

      Delete
  2. Pure class.

    Have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate !
      Have a great Christmas on your side too ;)

      Delete
  3. Great JB. He's got enough of the festive look to be used in a seasonal scenario, while at the same time he could easily be used as a looting space brigand at Easter, or in the summer ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I like about the model, there's just as much space as there's Santa ! Really cool model !

      Delete
  4. He definitely looks bad to the bone!

    Joyeux Noël JB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's all I wanted so thanks a lot et Joyeux Noël à toi et les tiens ;)

      Delete
  5. Nice work! the blue under suit is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered for a while what colour to paint those and tried a denim blue which seemed to work in the end !

      Delete
  6. Hehe - lovely job JB, he looks a bit like Brian Blessed! Happy Christmas dude :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't intentional but now you mention it I cannot unsee it !

      Cheers mate and have great holidays ;)

      Delete
  7. Funny, only yesterday I was thinking it would be good to see him painted in a totally alternative colour scheme. Et Voilà! Really love him, JB. The choice of colours are spot on. Have a good Christmas my friend. Hope there's a Iron Claw Space Pirate in your stocking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, these days I'm a in contradictive mood so cannot resort myself to even paint a christmas model in red ! I'm pretty sure Ooglorg will appear the minute I stop looking for him ;)
      Have a merry Christmas Ed ;)

      Delete
  8. Haha, great one! This year I haven't managed to paint a single Christmas-ish stuff, so I'll enjoy stuff like yours. Seriously, looks great (oh my, I can only see Brian Blessed too, hahaha...)
    Enjoy the holidays and joeux Noël!!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers my friend !
      Enjoy a happy new year and plenty of cool stuff with your family.

      Delete
  9. Merry Christmas JB - I look forward to seeing all the wonderful things you paint in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, it's a delight to have men like you around. Merry Christmas to you and yours my friend.

      Delete
  10. Fantastic job and a great piece for the festive period. And on that note, here's wishing you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot ! I hope you had a great Christmas and wish you the very best for 2016 ;)

      Delete
  11. His leathers look so real I can practically smell the ass-sweat from here. He looks a lot better than I thought an all-black Santa would :D now he just needs a badass ride... something with a lot of chrome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe some chrome reindeer from hell with flaming mouth and all ?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...