Thursday 7 March 2013

The chaos brothers - Battle Chaos part7

After talking about our dear Kaleb, the least of things is to introduce is nemesis : the chaos brothers.

I don't know how on earth these guys came to being a mixture of the blues brothers and roman gladiators to embody khornate thugs but man ! they must have had real parties at the time they came up with that. (If you happen to know the origin o such a concept, I would be more than delighted to hear the story)

To get some good Chaos brothers, you basically add :

 These kind of lads :

And these to guys here
 

You just add a spoon of khorne devotion and you end up with these :

Though I'm not big on gladiators (nor on gladiator films), I'm an absolute fan of "Joliet" Jake and Elwood Blues and since I love Kaleb, I had to give a try to his ennemies.
Findng the minis is not an easy thing, since you often find incomplete sets or complete ones for a ridiculously high price. I currently only have the two "on foot" versions with a mounted Jaek. I'm waiting for a sign of Khorne on Ebay to find my missing mounted Elwud... (or for a pm of a very kind person happening to have doubles...)

My painting of these two is not what you would call a golden daemon winner since I painted them in the middle of a rank and file bash. I chose to stick with the colour with the rest of the army since it's black and that black and only black is what they should wear.

It's 106 miles to Kaleb, we got a full horse, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it.
OH and by the way, my guess is Jaek would be a retarius but what would Elwud be ?...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...